1 bunch broccoli, sliced 1/8” up to crowns
1 cup sun-dried tomatos, julienne cut, approximately 3.5 ounce
* 1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
12 ounce package Wacky Mac
* 4 Tablespoons pine nuts (optional, as garnish)
* salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes (including oil if packed in oil) and red pepper and saute until broccoli is tender, about six minutes.
Add garlic and heat for another two minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
Remove skillet from heat.
Prepare Wacky Mac according to package instructions, rinse in cold water, and add to skillet.
Add pine nuts to skillet, toss salad and transfer to serving bowl.
Salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe Review; I made this salad for our family and everyone enJoyed it. It was a little differant for Me as I hadn't had any Sun Dried Tomatos before, but still good.
* I used Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil.
* Minced Garlic in a jar.
* I Did add the Pine Nuts, stirred Into the Salad, not as a Garnish
* I did Not add any Salt or pepper.
* I served this immediately after making it and it was barely warm, leftovers were served cold.