Here are 22 Non-Toxic ways to clean with Baking Soda!
1. Drain Cleaner: Pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by half a cup of vinegar. Let the solution fizz and follow by pouring 6 cups of hot water down the drain.
2. Clean the Dog: My vet recently shared with me that between shampoos I could sprinkle a bit of baking soda on her fur and massage it in with her brush.
3. Carpet Stain Remover: Mix 1 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of white vinegar. Mix together into a paste and apply to the stain. Let dry and then vacuum to clean up.
4. Sneaker Stink-Stopper: Freshen up a pair of sneakers by sprinkling a bit of baking soda into the soles.
5. Air Freshener Spray: Mix water, baking soda and your favorite essential oil together for a beautiful air spray.
6. Coffee/Tea Stain Remover: Clean the stains found in your favorite coffee/tea mug by placing a tsp of baking soda in and a cup of water. Wipe clean with a cloth.
7. Clean Kids Toys: Pour 4 tablespoons of baking soda in a quart of warm water and stir until the baking soda is dissolved. Pour into a spray bottle and spray on toys. Rinse with water and dry.
8. Baking Soda Shake Freshener: Use a mason jar, baking soda, cloth and essential oil for this great natural air freshener. Recipe here http://theearthymama.com/diy-air-freshener-spray/
9. Deodorize Trash Can: Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda in the trash bin once a week to keep the unwanted smells at bay.
10. Clean Stainless Steal Kitchen Sink: Use a bit of baking soda and vinegar soaked paper towels to safely clean your sink. Follow these directions.
11. Boost Laundry Colors: add a 1/2 cup of baking soda to your load of laundry to naturally boost your colors and help fight stains
12. Closet Deodorizer: place a small glass jar of baking soda in your coat closet to keep the musty smell at bay (especially in moist temperatures).
13. Clean Stovetop: pour baking soda directly on the grime. With a damp sponge, softly scrub the stovetop in a circular motion. Wipe clean with a wet cloth.
14. Fridge Deodorizer: place a small glass jar of baking soda in the fridge to keep away unpleasant odors.
15. Clean Combs and Brushes: let your hair combs and brushes soak in a cup of water mixed with 1 tbsp of baking soda.
16. Grout Cleaner: mix together 6 cups of water, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/4 lemon juice and a 1/4 cup vinegar. Soak a cloth and wet grout. Let sit for a minute or so before using a brush to scrub the dirt in the grout.
17. Oil Stain Remover: dump baking soda over oil spills and stains in the garage and scrub with a bristle scrub brush.
18. Clean the Oven: Mix together 1 cup white vinegar with 1/2 cup lemon juice and pour into a spray bottle. Spray the bottom of the oven over the mess. Let it sit for 10 minutes before sprinkling baking soda on top. Leave for 5-10 minutes and wipe with a cloth. Most of the mess with come off without the need for scrubbing.
19. Litter-Box Deodorizer: mix in a bit of baking soda to your kitties litter box to naturally deodorize the space.
20. Whiten Cloth Diapers: Mix 1/3 cup baking soda in a quart of warm water and let dissolve. Soak cloth diapers in mixture before putting in the laundry for a regular wash cycle. It also helps to lay them to dry in the sun instead of using the dryer.
21. Fruit and Veggie Wash: use water, baking soda and lemon juice to remove wax off of fruits such as apples and grapes. View the recipe here (#2).
22. Soak the Dishes: add a few teaspoons of baking soda to your water-filled sink when you soak your dishes after a big meal. It will help begin the cleaning process on those tough stuck on foods before you put them in the dishwasher.