Cookbook

Creamy Blackberry Frozen Yogurt :rectnt :photo

Creamy Blackberry Frozen Yogurt

This recipe claims to be extra creamy because it uses yogurt cheese instead of plain old yogurt.
I believe it! I'm taking the kids to the library in a few minutes then we're picking up some Greek Yogurt to convert to yogurt cheese. How? Just strain it using cheese cloth or coffee filters for a day or two until you've got cheese! Then, pick the blackberries from our yard and...
:recrev This proved to be one of the nicest Frozen Yogurts I've ever made. I didn't purée the blackberries but used my KitchenAid with the paddle to crush and combine the berries with the milk because I wanted a bit of texture in the finished product. To make the Yogurt Cheese I used 2 quarts of Greek Strawberry Yogurt and strained it down for 42 hours. We saved the whey and used it for smoothies and the cheese came out as thick or thicker than cream cheese. (It would have made a great spread!) I added the :rectnt after the second batch!!!

Ingredients:

3 cups fresh blackberries
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups yogurt cheese

Instructions:

In a blender, purée the blackberries with the sweetened condensed milk.
In a medium bowl mix the purée with the yogurt cheese.
Pour the mixture in to your ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.

Posted by oz.

Recipe and :photo by kitchencorners.com

ICE CREAMS, ICES, SORBETS & FROZEN YOGURTS # 24

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie :rectnt
Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream :rectnt
Yummy Summer Slush :rectnt
Bleu Cheese Salad Sherbet
Cali's Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie :rectnt *PIC*
Cherry Garcia Ice Cream :copycat
Creamy Blackberry Frozen Yogurt :rectnt :photo
Creamy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt :photo
Mother's Strawberry Freeze (Fat-free, but flavor-filled) :rectnt *PIC*