Cooking Time: 30 minutes - one hour
Author: Polly Pitchford, Full Spectrum Health™
Mother Earth Recipe
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
For Crust: Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl or food processor.
Cut in the butter until you get a coarse meal texture (if using a processor, pulse blend until texture is reached).
Work in cheese with fingers, kneading gently to form a ball.
(In processor, pulse blend until a ball is formed).
If too dry, add another tablespoon of ricotta.
Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes before rolling.
Lightly flour working surface and roll out half of the dough into a thin (1/8") rectangle.
(Store remaining half of dough in fridge for use within 1 week, or shape and freeze for up to 3 months.)
Filling: While dough is chilling, simmer all of filling ingredients together in a saucepan until apples are tender but not mushy, about 8-10 minutes.
Place 1 tablespoon of apple-date filling in center of each square.
Fold one corner to the opposite corner, forming a triangle.
Seal edges by pressing with the back of a fork.
Serving Size: 1
Servings per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 60 % Daily Value* Total Fat 7g 10% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Mono Fat 2g Cholesterol 18mg 6% Sodium 157mg 7% Total Carbs 44g 15% Dietary Fiber 6g 22% Protein 5g Iron 8%Calcium 11% Vitamin C 3% Vitamin E 2% Vitamin A 3% Vitamin B-12 2% Vitamin B-6 5% Pantothenic acid 5% Niacin 9% Riboflavin 6% Thiamin 7% Folate 4% Selenium 30% Manganese 40% Copper 10% Zinc 6%
Potassium 10% Phosphorus 13% Magnesium 10% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.