Kitchen Roundtable

:rectnt Grandma's Cherry Chippers :oed *PIC*

Grandma's Cherry Chippers

I made a batch of these to take to Walter. They were delicious! They are a crisp/crunchy cookie, not moist or chewy. I would suggest storing them in an airtight container to keep them crisp.

Makes about 5 dozen

Ingredients:
2 cups butter, softened
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons almond extract
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package cherry-flavored baking chips (LuAnn notes, I purchased these from Amazon)
1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar; beat in egg yolks and extract.

In separate bowl, combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture beating until smooth.

Stir in chips and cornflakes.

Shape into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten lightly with fork; sprinkle lightly with 2 tablespoons sugar. (LuAnn notes, I flattened the cookies by pressing with the bottom of a glass tumbler, dipped in sugar).

Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire cooling racks.

Source: Copied from the 2013 WE Energies Cookie Book; recipe contributed by Michelle Fogl-Hribar of Las Vegas, Nevada. (I found almost the identical recipe online at food.com, which said the recipe originated from the back of a package of Barg and Foster Cherry Chips, probably in the early 1960's).

NOTE: The photo, taken from RecipeTips.com, is NOT of this exact recipe; however, the cookies look virtually identical to the ones I made. -LuAnn

Messages In This Thread

:rectnt Grandma's Cherry Chippers :oed *PIC*
It's been so long since I've posted a recipe, I hope I used the Recipe Form correctly and everything
DH loves crispy cookies. I'll save this for when he can eat cookies again.
Sadly, I know how that goes. These would definitely be a temptation! *LINK*
Thank you for the review, LuAnn. I am so glad you all liked it,
^^^^review regarding the rice, for those who might be confused *NM*