Kitchen Roundtable

So, you asked about pet peeves. One of mine is people making decisions for me

without permission.

Warning--Too long, don't bother!

Examples:
(1) When we built our TV repair shop (1984), I drew out and designed the plans on how I wanted it to look. One side was the TV shop, the other was my ceramic shop. I didn't want my side to have the door in the middle, because it would limit where I could display things. I wanted the door offset to the side, so I could put my counter on one side and maximize the shelf area in the rest of the room. Lo, we went there one day during construction and, to my horror, the door was in the middle. The builder said it looked more balanced that way. I didn't care if it looked balanced; I just wanted more floor room. Gahhh!

(2) We had a front bedroom remodeled. I told the guy what we wanted, and he did a great job. The only thing I couldn't figure out (and still don't like) was the door to the room. All our inside doors are stained, not painted. He stained the outside of the door, but because the inside of the room was white, he painted the inside of the door white. I had never heard of that, and I still don't like it!

(3) We had a water leak from an outside faucet several years ago. The plumber fixed the leak just fine, but because he figured the hose hadn't been removed during the winter and probably froze (causing the leak), he put on a special faucet (without asking). Before that special faucet, I was able to just trickle water through the hose where I wanted it. This faucet won't enable trickling; it has to be turned up with more force, otherwise the water just bubbles up into and out the faucet and doesn't reach the hose.

If you want to think of a better way for me, give me (and explain) the options. Otherwise, just fix things like I ask!

Sorry I vented, G'ma. But you did post the question!

Messages In This Thread

Pet Peeve
I have way too many to list :lol *NM*
Re: I have way too many to list :lol
By cooking from scratch, I'm guessing you mean things like breads, biscuits,
Re: Pet Peeve
The only recipes my mother ever used were baked goods
So, you asked about pet peeves. One of mine is people making decisions for me
:iagree
Right, nancyo, and then again,
:lmao
Men are unfathomable. I guess since even they don't really know
Re: Men are unfathomable. I guess since even they don't really know
:lwtme *NM*
Speaking of men, I saw a cute comment on Facebook about Harvey
:lol *NM*
You were right,nancyo, about new restrictions/codes.
Re: You were right,nancyo, about new restrictions/codes.