Kitchen Roundtable

I knew you weren't criticizing! It's all good.

I was just struggling on how to present the whole thing in the first place. :lol

I DO usually leave the recipe alone for the first time (except for reducing it) so that I will know whether it's a keeper or not. It's just that with this particular one, I had reasonable facsimiles that I needed to use up. I didn't see a great reason to head to the store to get red potatoes when I had russets that are a tad past their prime. Cream and a little water instead of whole milk I thought I had Parmesan, but I had Asiago (for whatever reason, I have no idea). ha You get the point.

I guess the major adjustments were adding a sprinkle of garlic powder, smoked paprika and increasing the sour cream and cheese for more flavor. After it was all cooked and before adding it to the casserole for baking, I tasted it and decided it needed bumping up a little. Anyway, we liked it, and I'm sure the original is about the same. I would probably add the additional flavor to the original, though, as without those, I think it would be a bit bland for me.

:thup

Messages In This Thread

:rectnt Kale and Cauliflower Casserole :oed
I can see G'ma's head spinning now, and I didn't post this to irritate her at all,
Re: I can see G'ma's head spinning now, and I didn't post this to irritate her at all,
I started to do that, but since I cut it down by 2/3, I wasn't sure if it would
I am all for putting any recipe in the archives, no matter if they follow the format or not. After
Good to know, GG.
Re: I started to do that, but since I cut it down by 2/3, I wasn't sure if it would
I knew you weren't criticizing! It's all good.
Thanks for the recipe, Cathy! Looks like one I'd want to try!
I just made it again tonight, BTW. Good stuff!