Kitchen Roundtable

I once had a delicious dish served at the hot deli bar at Whole Foods and asked for the recipe; but

they didn't give it to me! :( All they would say was that one of the key/secret ingredients was caraway seeds (which I don't even like and didn't taste in the dish)! So, apparently not ALL Whole Foods are as obliging when it comes to sharing their recipes. (The dish was a mushroom ragout served over polenta). I have looked on the internet and found recipes that look similar; but, nothing just like it. In addition to that, the dish had cream and perhaps cheese in it (it has at least five years ago now that I tried it one time), so it's not something I'd be inclined to keep experimenting with. For me, I would have come up with a dairy version that was close and then adapt the recipe to plant-based/vegan. Too much cost/time/calories involved at this point! BTW, I have checked in various Whole Foods multiple times since then and never happened to see it served again. :/

Messages In This Thread

:iso :rectnt Pulled Pork Casserole - I am hoping that with all
Re: Sorry I don't have a :rectnt, but I was l@@king at that recipe of Rachael's too.
Sorry, no help here *NM*
Re: :iso :rectnt Pulled Pork Casserole - I am hoping that with all
Thank you. If this was at a place like that, I would, but this was a small town caterer,
I once had a delicious dish served at the hot deli bar at Whole Foods and asked for the recipe; but
Re: I once had a delicious dish served at the hot deli bar at Whole Foods and asked for the recipe;
Re: :iso :rectnt Pulled Pork Casserole - I am hoping that with all
I have done pulled pork, but haven't heard of
In our house, we just eat the slaw on the side. Not sure about other Southerners. *NM*
Re: I've never heard of that kind of a casserole