Kitchen Roundtable

While I don't always agree with the way the medical

community does things, I think many treatments have greatly improved since I built that soapbox years ago. When my mother was subjected to chemo in 1999, the treatments were just too aggressive for her age, and it took her out. Then I watched several other friends and family members' bodies ravaged by cancer treatments. However, all but one of those were lung cancers, which had very slim chances of success. I say "had" because I know several people who have been treated for lung cancer in the last several years who came through and conquered it. I'm seeing greatly improved survival rates for some of the tougher cases now. I believe they have come a long way in cancer treatment in the last couple of decades. And fortunately, breast cancer is one condition that appears to have one of the highest success rates. I have every confidence that will be the case for you.

I am so sorry to hear the news, my friend. But just find a good doctor, put yourself in his hands and pray that the Lord will bless the healing process. I will keep you in my prayers continually. :hug

Messages In This Thread

Cathy, would you mind getting up on your soapbox and sharing what you refrained from saying
Just briefly bring folks who aren't on Facebook (Cathy !) up to date on what's been going on with me
Re: Just briefly bring folks who aren't on Facebook (Cathy !) up to date on what's been going on wit
I had breast cancer
I'm sorry, I did't read your 2nd reply
While I don't always agree with the way the medical