Kitchen Roundtable

Yeah, I knew it wasn't in English, but I picked that particular video because

the shape of it was like the one I had, larger and flatter, more like a pie. The video in the one you found puts the dough in muffin tins. I saw several different types in videos, but I wanted to "review" it like I had it. I'm thinking the ones in the muffin tins would rise higher and be fluffier, rather than sort of flatter and crispier, but I could be wrong. To me, the more surface meeting the pan, the crispier the bottom will be.

Making laminated dough isn't one of my aspirations--time consuming, and I'm sure I would mess it up. I hope you have fun with it! :ohyeah Hey, if you do it, please let us know how it turns out!

Messages In This Thread

Kouign-amann. It's a French pastry. Until 2 days ago, I had never heard of it. *LINK*
Re: Kouign-amann. It's a French pastry. Until 2 days ago, I had never heard of it.
Re: Kouign-amann. It's a French pastry. Until 2 days ago, I had never heard of it. *LINK*
Yeah, I knew it wasn't in English, but I picked that particular video because
If this comes up right, the one I had looked exactly like *LINK*
Re: If this comes up right, the one I had looked exactly like
Re: If this comes up right, the one I had looked exactly like
I think the customer houses a foreign exchange student who made it. *NM*
When your hand gets well, I'm hoping you'll make it
Hey, nancyo, I read that Central Market carries that pastry. You might call one and see. *NM*
Re: Hey, nancyo, I read that Central Market carries that pastry. You might call one and see.