Kitchen Roundtable

Re: Anyone shop at Aldi? What are your favorite things there?

We like the Pur Aqua flavored waters I especially like the white grape flavor. DH likes the black cherry one. Zero calories. 33.8 ounce bottle for 59 cents
Just today I bought some spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes that are low salt. They are the special buy so not carried on regular basis. I see them there several times a year and stock up. DH has to eat low salt and most stores products are way over the allowance given by doctor. I also like the fresh strawberries ( WISH brand ) and also a lot of the other produce. I do see the big scoop style fritos and chili flavored ones there time to time. That is also what they consider special buy, not carried weekly. I don't usually buy any meat there so can't comment on that. I'm waiting for them to get the stroopwaffle cookies again. They are a German treat and so good. We like the frozen vert green beans. I buy my low fat cream cheese there. Better price than other stores and tastes just as good as Philadelphia brand. I use the vanilla yogurt from Aldi's for our smoothies. Again great price. Probably a lot of products I'm over looking. We stop their weekly before hitting any other grocery store.

Messages In This Thread

Anyone shop at Aldi? What are your favorite things there?
I just bought the individual larger one of roasted red pepper hummus. Excellent! *NM*
^^^ Um, this was supposed to be in response to one of Val's posts about Aldi. *NM*
Thanks for the recommendations!
Good information--Thanks for the input, Val and Pat. I won't compromise
Thanks, Nancy K. I liked their yogurt. The cream cheese didn't