Kitchen Roundtable

Re: Yes they were, everyone enJoyed them and the Grands had fun making them.
In Response To: Sounds very cute, Val. *NM* ()

I always have something fun for them to do or make for the Holidays to make them feel included and helpful. They never know from one year to the other just what GrandMa will come uP with for a Craft or recipe idea. One year they decorated a Sno*wman poster with an assortment of crafting materials to choose from that I have on hand to play Pin the Nose on Frosty game. d25smb Each Holiday, one of our kids will be the Craft Room Helper with them. We have made Sn*wman Christmas tree ornaments before with a tea light lit up for the nose, that are "So Cute." They have made Pilgrims out of paper tubes, construction paper and colored markers and CD Turkey magnets that have been proudly displayed on GrandMa's refrigerator at their height so they could see the reflection of themselves in it and also decorated Pilgrim Hats made from drink carry out trays. Next year I want to see if I can find a short play they can perform with these crafts as Puppets. One year for Easter they assembled Fruit Kabobs which were fun and colorful and also helped make special individual Dessert Cakes that had Oreo Cookies to "sandwich" it together with a cream frosting. GrandMa and the Grands sure have fun with these and More ideas over the years. I also Like to take pictures of them at the Holiday side table filled with all the cold foods to see how they have grown from year to year. So much fun, we enJOY. :heart :heart :heart :heart Next year we will have another one to include! :heart

Messages In This Thread

:rectnt Reindeer Appetizers and Snacks :oed
Sounds very cute, Val. *NM*
Re: Yes they were, everyone enJoyed them and the Grands had fun making them.
Those were the days...I have great memories of cooking
Re: Those were the days...I have great memories of cooking