Kitchen Roundtable

I make the Cookie Monster Sugar Cookies usually, but when I don't have time, I sometimes cheat!
In Response To: ISO Butter Cookies ()

Betty Crocker makes some cookie mixes that taste like homemade! They come in a bag, sold near the cake mixes. There is a sugar cookie mix, chocolate chip, chocolate chip walnut, molasses, and I think some with M & M's in them.

If I understand you correctly, your friend's cookies were thinner than the recipe you made of mine. It could just be a matter of rolling the dough out thinner. We like a softer cookie, and if you roll them too thin, they become crispy. Why not just try rolling the dough thinner?

BTW, I also really don't like the process of rolling out and cutting cutout cookies. (Unless I am doing it with my granddaughters!) It is tedious, and the dough sticks frequently. The dough softens and you have to keep refrigerating it to keep it cold. Sometimes the dough stays in the cookie cutters that are more intricate in design. (I have a 35-40 year old set from Tupperware that does that.) I can't believe I used to make cutout cookies for every holiday to make my kids (even when they went away to college and I mailed them cookies!) and granddaughters happy.

Messages In This Thread

ISO Butter Cookies
I make the Cookie Monster Sugar Cookies usually, but when I don't have time, I sometimes cheat!
When I asked about sugar cookie recipe,
Gonna try the Belgium Butter Cookies G'ma posted in archives. *NM*
i also have a few Butter Cookie recipes of my mother's. They are usually
She rolls the dough out until thin and uses cookie cutters.
I have a plastic Tupperware rolling pin you put ice in somewhere.
Pat, I think the ice cold rolling pin probably helps. I remember