Kitchen Roundtable

Re: If you try them, let me know how you like them!

I may get to it in February. We have a carry-in. I made from scratch red velvet cake the first year I was in Florida and got special Valentine cup cake paper holders, decorated the top fancy. NO one ate them. So I haven't made cup cakes since. Cup cakes just doing go over with our group.

I made a from scratch red velvet cake and iced it (mom's recipe for both) and took it the next year. Someone brought in a very expensive red velvet cake from one of the expensive hotel restaurants nearby and everyone ate that because it was six tiered or something.

So I'm not making red velvet cakes from scratch. If they tried them, they would find out they are very tasty even if they did not come from a fancy hotel.

So I might make the cookies this year and see if they eat those.

They love my crockpot meatballs and eat ALL of them but that's all they want me to bring to the dinners. I hate meatballs but I have a friend's recipe that we all used in the 70's and 80's with the grape jelly and they actually ask me if I am bringing meatballs.

Actually the meatballs are a lot easier to cook. Throw them in the crockpot and stir every so often so I guess I should save myself time and just make those.

Messages In This Thread

ISO: Lemon Cookie recipe
:rectnt Lemon Crinkle Cookies :oed
Thanks! *NM*
If you try them, let me know how you like them! *NM*
Re: hard to know what people will go for at a potluck
? for Nancy - what is frog eye salad? *NM*
:recins Frog Eye Salad *LINK* *PIC*
Re: Frog Eye Salad
This is very similar to something my mother used to make called
:thanks LuAnn - I'd just hadn't heard of
I think it may be because the cooked pasta looks something like frog eggs! *PIC*
Re: I think it may be because the cooked pasta looks something like frog eggs!
I have also seen it with green grapes, and they look even more
Jill Carry-in Pitch-in Pot Luck all the same *NM*