Kitchen Roundtable

Cooking a beef roast

I can make a fairly good pot roast but, even after 50 years, I can not make a good beef roast. I can't remember what kind of roast I have in the freezer but I could use some good hints on how you make your roasts. I would like it to be tender and maybe cooked to medium.

Today I am planning to make Christmas/Valentine cookies to send to my boys along with some stocking stuffers that never got sent!!! I also need to make some cookies for my church circle next week. I am doing pink forgotten meringues, I will buy some heart shaped cutouts as the circle is on the 13th and I am lazy.

Next week we are staying at our daughter's house with her 2, soon to be stepsons. One is 10 and the other 18. We need to learn how to be grandparents!! They only live about 19 minutes away so we can sort of commute back and forth during the day if need be. We will have some basketball practice and games to attend along with our other scheduled plans. I will also have to cook for one kind of picky 10 year old! We will have pizza after practice one night. I am so looking forward to getting to know the boys better.

The temp is -10 here at 8 AM but the sun is shining on the new fallen snow. Very lovely, if you don't have to drive in it. Stay well and stay warm. I will look forward to your answers of this poor cook!

Messages In This Thread

Cooking a beef roast
I am no help with that one. The only beef I cook is steak or ground beef.
Re: I am no help with that one. The only beef I cook is steak or ground beef.
Re: Cooking a beef roast