Kitchen Roundtable

Nancy, I may end up doing just that anyway! I took them down to do Spring Cleaning. They
In Response To: :lmao cathyntx ()

didn't look dirty, but I threw them in the wash anyway. When I dried them and laid them out on the bed to put them on the rods, I could see the pale gold color had faded from the sun. The front of the house gets sun most of the day.

I am not having good luck with curtains. We had our living and dining rooms painted last Fall. When I took down the crushed fabric sheers to wash them, they shredded in the washing machine because the sun had weakened the threads so much. Again, the living room is in the front of the house.

It probably is time to get new curtains. We no longer have the major shopping stores where I can walk in and walk out with curtains (Sears, Penney's, Macy's are all gone). It means a trip to Albany or Poughkeepsie, or some online shopping...!

Messages In This Thread

Does anyone have a fabic steamer machine? I am thinking of getting one and would like any feedback.
I have a steamer with several attachments, one of which is for fabric,
I don't have one, but I think my DD got one
These are just sheers and easy enough to wash
Re:
Cathy, what model/brand is that? I like that it can be used to
Mine is just a small handheld thing, so I don't know if it would *LINK*
I wouldn't need it to clean a whole carpet, just some spots like you said.
Re: I wouldn't need it to clean a whole carpet, just some spots like you said.
:lmao cathyntx
Nancy, I may end up doing just that anyway! I took them down to do Spring Cleaning. They