Kitchen Roundtable

Random Questions.....someone needs to get a new post on

Does anyone use a dictionary when a site doesn't have spell check?

Can I use pinot noir as a sub for Burgandy? I am planning to make Beef Burgandy for a dinner group and the Burgandy wines seem to cost a lot. One lady at the liquour store said I could, but I am not sure I believe her!!

Does anyone, out side of Wisconsin, remember the old tv ads from Rippin' Good Cookies???

If you are drinking, coffee or hot tea or cocoa or what ever hot beverage you like, do you use a mug or a coffee/tea cup? I have noticed that many packets of mixes measure things for 6 oz. a cup? Most of my mugs are over 8 oz. My small Mr. Coffee is suppose to make 5 cups at a time but they are only about 6 oz cups!!

If you live where it gets cold or chilly do you use your cup/mug of hot beverage to warm your hands??!!!

What is your favorite meal to make when you have surprise company?

Does your day go better when you actually know what you will make for supper by early in the day? Cooking for 2 here and I find that harder to do then cooking for more people. DH isn't picky so sometimes we just have eggs or something very simple, but I am getting tired of hot dogs, pizza, and burgers. I could eat soup almost every day, but that is one thing he eats but doesn't really want as often as I do. Do you think I should get some chili started in the crock pot!!??

Spending the day with my sister. I will go to her house and then we will go to downtown Stillwater, MN and poke around the stores in the area and find a place for lunch. She lives only 20 minutes from me now which is one of the many reasons we moved to our new home.

No recipes to post, but I like to see new posts when I stop in for a visit to KRT! Have a good day.

Messages In This Thread

Random Questions.....someone needs to get a new post on
Google is my friend, so I use that
Here's some chit-chat in response to your questions, Jill... *PIC*
Re: Here's some chit-chat in response to your questions, Jill...
Re: Random Questions.....someone needs to get a new post on
Sorry to be so late, but I can't post on my phone and we have
Re: Sorry to be so late, but I can't post on my phone and we have