Kitchen Roundtable

Re: I always use the beef broth in a can or box. At first I refused to buy the

Thank you Carol. I don't think I have made it since we moved from NY, maybe once, but I can't remember. Any suggestions on keeping the noodles warm while getting the dinner on the table. I don't know what will be coming that night, appetizers, dessert and a salad that I sent the recipe for. It is one we used in the Rochester group several times, under different names! It is called That Good Salad or That Jolly Good Salad or That Good Salad again! We all loved it.

That Good Salad From TOH June/July 97
3/4 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves teaspoon salt
teaspoon pepper
2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
2 cups chopped tomatoes 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz.)
2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
cup grated Parmesan cheese 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cup Caesar salad croutons

In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill. In a bowl, toss romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon. Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings

Messages In This Thread

What is the difference between:
Re: What is the difference between:
Thank you, Di
I always use the beef broth in a can or box. At first I refused to buy the
Re: I always use the beef broth in a can or box. At first I refused to buy the
With Beef Burgundy, you can keep that very hot so it is ready to serve once *LINK*
P.S. Sometimes while noodles are still hot, I melt butter on top of the noodles and toss with some
Re: P.S. Sometimes while noodles are still hot, I melt butter on top of the noodles and toss with s
Good dinner last night with church group
Re: Good dinner last night with church group *LINK* *PIC*