Kitchen Roundtable

My favorites--
In Response To: Today is National Spinach Day ()

Spinach Cream Enchiladas (shared years ago by LuAnn from Jalapeno Cafe and got rave reviews, but I can't find it in the archives here). Will post it if asked, or if LuAnn sees this first and wants to post it.

Spinach Casserole, shared by me, but I now use Ritz crackers for the topping instead of saltines. And I also use de-stemmed fresh spinach, lightly cooked, because the frozen type just has too many stems these days, making it tough and chewy. http://kitchenroundtable.net/forum/cookbook.pl?md=read;id=80555

Strawberry Spinach Salad. There are two in the archives--one from Oz, the other from Pat in IN. The one I have is slightly different.

Cream of Spinach Soup

Spanakopitakias--an appetizer made of phyllo dough with a spinach/cheese filling, very rich. Also very time-consuming.

In terms of health and/or freshness, the Strawberry Spinach Salad is probably the best bet. I just don't make it because DH can't chew raw spinach very well (dentures).

Funny this spinach thing is mentioned now, as I have on my list to make a Spinach and Bacon Quiche (Paula Deen recipe) hopefully this week.

Messages In This Thread

Today is National Spinach Day
Spinach dishes we like
Re: Spinach dishes we like
jea, a personal question out of curiosity
Re: jea, a personal question out of curiosity
Thanks, jea.
:rectnt Spinach Dip :oed
I LOVE THIS DIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*
:thup *NM*
:rectnt Greek Spinach Quiche :oed
My favorites--
Re: My favorites-- *LINK*
Thanks, I found that one, but it's not the same. *NM*
Re: Thanks, I found that one, but it's not the same.
Thank you, nancyo! bow *NM*
cathyntx :lmao my pleasure! *NM*
:rectnt Spinach Cream Enchiladas :oed
Thanks for getting this wonderful recipe into our archives Cathy and Nancy!
Re: Today is National Spinach Day