Crockpot Mexican Lasagna Stack Up
Recipe from a grocery store printout
Made by Val
12-14 tortillas (I used small corn tortillas)
2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 Tbsp. of Fajita Seasoning
28 ounce can of Tomatoes, drained
15.5 ounce can of Black Beans, drained
15.5 ounce can of Corn (or frozen) drained
2 cups of Salsa
2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken (or veggie chicken)
1 small onion, chopped
1. Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Lay down layer of tortillas. Each crockpot will vary in size. Mine took 4 small tortillas to cover the bottom.
2. Next, spread a layer of tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle some chopped onions on top of the tomatoes.
4. Next spread a layer of Black Beans.
5. Cover beans with a layer of Salsa.
6. Apply a generous amount of Fajita Seasoning.
7. Next layer on your chicken.
8. Cover chicken with a layer of corn.
9 Top corn with a layer of shredded cheese.
10. Like I said, all crockpots are different shapes and sizes. So keep layering until you are a couple inches from the top. I was able to repeat the layers 3 times. When you do reach the top, for the final layer, do a layer of tortillas, topped with the rest of your tomatoes and cheese.
11. Cook on Low for 3 - 4 hours or on High for 2 hours.
Top with sour cream and avocado if desired.
Val's Notes; We liked this recipe as is, but next time I think I will try a can of Tomatoes Mexican Recipe with Jalapenos, Garlic and Cumin instead of just the plain tomatoes.