Kitchen Roundtable

:rectnt Scrambled Egg Muffins :oed

Scrambled Egg Muffins

Another tasty low carb treat and make for a quick breakfast meal (or for any time). They freeze well. They can be reheated in the microwave, but I prefer using the toaster oven on low.
Ingredients:
1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, your preference of regular or hot

12 eggs

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, or to taste (I also add the same amount of red bell pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease 12 muffin cups well. (They stick to paper liners.)

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage; cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes; drain.

Beat eggs in a large bowl.

Stir in onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Mix in sausage and Cheddar cheese.

Fill muffin cups just a little over 1/2 full. They deflate some after cooling, but when cooking they rise way up like a souffle, so if overfilled, they might run over.

Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. (Again, ovens very, so check yours before the time is up.)

As a side note, for me, these make more than 12. You might halve or quarter the recipe the first time to see how it goes.

One step I do is to gently saute the pepper and onions first to soften them a little.

DH prefers his with the sausage, but I like mine with turkey bacon, seems like it adds a little more flavor. DH doesn't like any type of bacon anyway.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/222586/scrambled-egg-muffins/

Messages In This Thread

:rectnt Scrambled Egg Muffins :oed