Kitchen Roundtable

I'm sure you're not wondering, but yes, I'm still vaping.

After this week's news and the panic that's ensued, it doesn't look good for the industry going forward. As of just today, however, it seems President Trump has come to his senses somewhat. Pretty sure some things will go by the wayside. I just hope the whole gamut doesn't get banned. We'll see what happens.

Vaping has saved me from smoking for the last six years. Within 2-3 days of avoiding smoking via vaping, I no longer coughed up a lung every morning, and I continually felt better and stronger as the days, weeks and months went by. Before I quit smoking, my oxygen saturation level was about 92%, now it is 98-100%. If my back would co-operate with me, I could do just about anything I used to do.

I'm not entirely certain what happened this past week or so, but it seems that at least part (or all) of the people involved were vaping THC, the psycho-active component of marijuana, which also may have contained Vitamin E acetate, which is an oil, and the Vitamin E is most likely the culprit (not the THC itself). Maybe some "genius" e-liquid vendor decided to add Vitamin E acetate to the formulation--I don't know. But oils clog lungs. Don't inhale them.

Be very selective about knee-jerk reactions to "news" of any sort, whether it's from your daily newspaper, television news, or Google, Yahoo, etc. All reporters want to get the latest gab. It's often skewed or not true at all. IF there is anything akin to Investigate Journalism these days, it would still take days/weeks/months to reveal the truth.

Journalism precepts--Who, what, when, where, why--

"Why" is often the most overlooked.

Messages In This Thread

I'm sure you're not wondering, but yes, I'm still vaping.
I HAVE wondered...
Thank you so much, Pat, for being interested and
Re: I'm sure you're not wondering, but yes, I'm still vaping.
Your third and fourth paragraphs are a perfect example of critical thinking, nancyo.
Re: Your third and fourth paragraphs are a perfect example of critical thinking, nancyo.
:ty *NM*