Kitchen Roundtable

Thank you so much, Pat, for being interested and
In Response To: I HAVE wondered... ()

recommending it to your son.

Granted, there have been some mishaps along the way, with exploding batteries and now this e-liquid upset. The battery fires were almost always operator error or somebody showing off, but occasionally a bad product from China. The way I understand this latest thing, it has something to do with buying e-liquid made from THC and Vitamin E acetate, which is an oil. Oils are a no-no; they cause lipoid pneumonia.

I do have one caveat--while regulated (that means it has a circuit board inside which controls the voltage and such) name brand devices are safe, mechanical mods are dangerous. You have to know a lot about ohms law and building coils and you really have to know what you're doing. Even then (and I do build my own coils for my regulated mod) I wouldn't touch a mech mod ever. Not ever. I know you're not familiar with all this and probably don't understand what I'm talking about, but I'm just putting it out there for info. For instance, if I put my batteries in upside down, my vape won't work. If I put them upside down in a mech mod, I might not live to tell about it.

While I agree that teenagers and people who don't smoke shouldn't vape, I probably owe my life to vaping, because I wasn't willing to go through the pain to quit, and I needed to VERY BADLY. I have tried patches and gum several times, even hypnosis, and they did not work for me. For smokers, it's probably the hardest thing to give up the hand to mouth habit. I guess it might be the same thing for people who munch on treats when they're not hungry, like my DH does (except now that he's on a diet, lol).

Soooooooooo many people are so scared of these things, and I'm sure the "journalism" (which never tells the whole story) has spooked them. I get it. And it makes tobacco companies just ecstatic not losing revenue to vaping.

I'm happy in every way. I get my hand-to-mouth, I can breathe, I don't stink, there is no nicotine build-up on my windows or furniture, and it's MUCH cheaper (like maybe $1.50 a week instead of $65!). (If I didn't make my own e-liquid, it would still be much cheaper than smoking.) I was even allowed to vape in the hospital last year when I had back surgery in Tyler, which was amazing, because vaping isn't allowed in our local hospital.

I'm sorry your son isn't willing. Maybe he will get there someday--if the powers that be don't swoop it all away. Thanks for your comment! :smile

Messages In This Thread

I'm sure you're not wondering, but yes, I'm still vaping.
I HAVE wondered...
Thank you so much, Pat, for being interested and
Re: I'm sure you're not wondering, but yes, I'm still vaping.
Your third and fourth paragraphs are a perfect example of critical thinking, nancyo.
Re: Your third and fourth paragraphs are a perfect example of critical thinking, nancyo.
:ty *NM*