1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash nutmeg, optional
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 egg
1 cup cored, peeled, shredded apple

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 12 regular size muffin cups with non-stick vegetable oil coating; set aside.

To make the Streusel Topping: In a small bowl, combine the Streusel Topping ingredients; set aside.

To make the Muffins: In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired; using the back of a spoon, make a deep depression (“well”) in the center. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, margarine and egg. Pour, all at once, into the well in the dry ingredients; using a fork, stir briefly, just until the dry ingredients are moistened - batter should still be slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the apple. (Do not overstir, or the muffins may be tough, have peaks on top and “tunnels” inside)!

Using a small ice cream scoop, fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle each muffin with a heaping teaspoonful of the Streusel Topping.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. (Do not overbake, or the muffins may be dry and crumbly)! Using a table knife, carefully lift the muffins from the cups. Serve warm.

Source: Adapted Better Homes and Gardens Quick Breads cookbook by LuAnn Bermeo.

Messages In This Thread

My DS is looking for an apple muffin recipe and wants
Re: My DS is looking for an apple muffin recipe and wants
:rectnt Apple Crunch Muffins :oed
:recins Spanish Bar
Thank You for the suggestions LuAnn. *NM*
Re: :rectnt Morning Glory Muffins are in the Archives
Good suggestion, Val! It's nice to see you! I love Morning Glory muffins. *NM*
:hi LuAnn
You're welcome! *NM*