Kitchen Roundtable

What's cooking?

I am having some family members come over tomorrow for a cookie exchange. I have made 3 batches of Forgotten Meringues. I tried doubling a batch once and it didn't work out well! I made Cream of Carrot Soup from a cookbook my English friend gave me. I like it and the house smells GREAT. I also mixed up some sugar cookie dough to make cookies to have the ladies decorate, that will be our entertainment! We will have 2 kinds of soup for lunch, some frozen dough rolls (that will look like pumpkins) plus cheese and crackers and mulled apple cider. I also have some goodie bags. And we will also make Poor Man's Turtles.

This is the 2nd year I have done this. Last year we did a lot of baking at our house but this year I decided they could bake at home and we could party a little more! I, again. serged some cute fabric so each person will get a cloth napkin to take home. I like to go to fabric stores after Christmas so I get the good prices!

I am recovering from some surgery and having more on the 9th so this has kept me busy so I don't think about myself as much!

Any special things you are cooking or doing for the holidays this year?

Messages In This Thread

What's cooking?
I've been stocking up on pralined pecans
We had our Sunday School party last night and I made sausage balls.
What are you sewing, PatM?
Re: What are you sewing, PatM?
Christmas cookies started a week or so
Re: Christmas cookies started a week or so
How are you doing, Jill? Sorry to hear about the need for surgery!
Oh Jill, if only I had seen this