Kitchen Roundtable

Hi, Jill, sounds like just about everyone else.
In Response To: OT ()

Funny thing, decades ago, our neighbors came outside a lot, not so much any more. Except now, the fellow across the street read his newspaper on his front porch in a lawn chair yesterday. And the neighbors next door sat out on their front porch a couple of days ago for a while. Usually, it takes a power failure to bring our neighbors outside these days, haha. I guess everyone is getting cabin fever, odd what a pandemic will do.

I went to Walmart last week, first time I'd been in a store since March 21st. I usually enjoy grocery shopping, but I felt constricted in a mask and didn't tarry long.

I'm kind of busier than usual. Lots of sewing--masks and DH brought home 4 pair of slacks he had ordered for me to hem, and we discovered we have termites in a windowsill eating holes in it. An exterminator is coming in a couple of weeks, so I'm having to remove everything from under sinks. He will have to make a hole in my computer room wall which is on the other side of my bathtub drain. That wall has built-in bookshelves on it that house my video tapes and DVDs. I haven't really thoroughly dusted it and the contents in several years, so I have managed to clean all that except three shelves (there are 35 total) which I will finish today or this weekend. If nothing else, I'm getting some things done that I should have been doing anyway.

And the cooking--GADS! Nothing new, as I have to, for DH's keto diet. I don't mind the cooking so much, but there are lots of dirty pans and utensils every day.

So there's that!

Messages In This Thread

OT
Hi, Jill, sounds like just about everyone else.
Hi Jill and Cathy (and whomever else might be here incognito...),
What we're doing during Covid
Re: What we're doing during Covid
Hi Pat!
:hi LuAnn! It was good to see your update too
Re: I have been doing more cooking
Re: I have been doing more cooking