Kitchen Roundtable

:rectnt Papa Gs Chili Cheese Dog Casserole :oed

Trying to find a way to use a package of hot dogs DH bought as an impulse buy in response to sparse meat products on the shelf, I found this in a video, and we had it last night. Surprisingly, it was really good! Tastes like a fully loaded hot dog minus the bun.
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup (I use G Hughes) (or if you're not watching carbs, you can use regular ketchup)
sugar substitute equal to 1 T. regular sugar (or real sugar, if you aren't limiting it)
1/2 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
8 all beef hotdogs
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup dill relish
1 cup sauerkraut, drained
1/2 cup diced onion
Instructions:
Cook the ground beef with the green onions and bell pepper, breaking up the ground beef as it cooks. When it is done, drain and return to the pan.

Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar substitute, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard. Stir in and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.

Slice hot dogs lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch pieces or whatever size suits you. Place hot dog pieces into an 8" x 11" casserole dish, distributing evenly over the bottom of the dish.

Layer 1/2 the cheese over the hot dogs. Pour the chili sauce over the cheese, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the diced raw onions evenly over the chili sauce. Cover the onions with the drained sauerkraut. Add the dill relish over the sauerkraut. Finish with the rest of the cheese over the top.

Bake in the middle of a preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.

Serves 8

Nutrition Per Serving:
439 calories / 35.51g fat / 5.69g net carbs / 23.28g protein
Source:
Papa Gs Low Carb Recipes
https://youtu.be/-qA8kQ2lx4Y

Messages In This Thread

:rectnt Papa Gs Chili Cheese Dog Casserole :oed
Papa Gs Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ^^^^^
Thanks for adding the title, nancyo. :thup *NM*
my pleasure *NM*