Kitchen Roundtable

:rectnt Shrimp Tostada Bites :oed

Shrimp Tostada Bites

from Delish web site, by Lena Abraham I made this for our dinner group and everyone really enjoyed it.
Ingredients:
For the shrimp:

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 cup Juice of 3 limes

2 Tbsp. honey

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp. paprika

1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Kosher salt

1 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen

For The Guac

2 Avocados

Juice of 2 limes

1/2 red onion, finely chopped

1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped

2 Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro

Kosher salt

Tortilla Scoops, for serving

Instructions:
Make Shrimp Tostada

1. In a large bowl, wisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey garlic, paprika, and cayenne and season with salt. Add shrimp and toss until fully coated, then cover and let marinate in frige at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours

2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp until pink and completely opaque, 2 mintues per side.

Make Guac

1. In a medium bowl, mash avocados with lime juice, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and season generously with salt.

2. Dollop a tablespoon of guac into tortilla Scoops, top with shrimp, and garnish with cilantro before serving.

This makes a lot of guac. I am not fond of cilantro so I used parsley. ( just realized I didn't put any in the guac....but it was very good anyway) I had a # of 24-30 count shrimp that was pre cooked. They were pretty large but worked well. We just warmed then up a little. Picked the shrimp out of the marinate to put in the fry pan and just sort of steamed them for a short time. Even if they weren't simmered in a pan I imagine they would be good cold. Enjoy

Messages In This Thread

:rectnt Shrimp Tostada Bites :oed