Kitchen Roundtable

:rectnt Beef Kabobs with corn and Orzo Salad

Beef Kabobs with corn and Orzo Salad

Another dinner group recipe. I didn't make this myself but did get to eat it the other night. I think the salad was a great change from a green salad or potato salad! Serves 6
This skewer and salad combo is lik a deconstructed steak taco, sans tortilla. If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before building kabobs.
Ingredients:
homemade Spice Blend

4 tsp. chili powder

2 tsp garlic

salt

1 tsp each ground cumin and oregano

Beef Sirloin Steak

1/2 pound boneless, trimmed,Sirloin Steak, cut into 1-inch pieces.

For Salad

2/3 cup dried orzo

2 cups fresh corn kernnels

1 medium Bell Pepper, chopped

1/2 cup thinly slixed red onion

2/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved

Limes 1tsp zest and 1/4 cup juice

2 Tbs Olive oil

2 Tbps chopped Fresh Cilantro

Instructions:
1. In a reseable plastic bag combine chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, and oregano. Add meat pieces, a few at a time, shake to coat. Thread meat onto skewers, leaving 1/4 inchbetween each piece.

2. Grill meat skewers covered, over medium heat 8 to 12 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center, turning skewers once of twice during grilling

For Salad:
Meanwhile, cook orzo according tso package directions, adding corn the last minute of cooking. Drain in a colander. Rinse,drain again.

In a large bowl combine orzo mixture, bell pepper, onion and tomatoes

For Dressing: in a screw-top jar combine lime zest and juice, 2 Tbs olive oil, the cilantro
and 1/2 tsp salt.

Cover and shake well. Pour dressing over orzo mixture, toss to coat.

To serve arange Corn and Orzo Salad on a large platter. Top with meat skewers and, if desired additional cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.

I would suggest buying 2 limes just to make sure your have enough juice.
We received our plated dishes with the salad on the plate with the skewer next to it. There was extra meat. As I said, I didn't make this but it was SO good. The salad was light and went great with the meat.